When an Sales User leaves your company, do not delete a user's account. Complete the following steps:
Transferring a Proposal to Another User
Step 1: you should disable their login by checking the Disable Login checkbox on the Edit User page.
- On the Navigation Bar, click on User Mgmt.
- Click the + New button on the top right.
- You will be taken to the Add User page. It contains many fields to fill out to complete your new user's information.
- Note: all fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required fields.
- Enter in all of the relevant information for your new User.
- Click Save to create your new user.
Step 2: Once the user's account is set to Disable Login, you can now transfer any corresponding jobs to another user's account by following these steps:
- On the Navigation bar, click Maintenance Mgmt and/or Project Mgmt.
- If you need to transfer Maintenance and Project Proposals, repeat this step-by-step for each page.
- Click on the Transfer Jobs button in the upper right.
- On the Transfer Job window that pops up, select the checkbox on the jobs that you would like to transfer to a new user.
IMPORTANT: Do not transfer jobs that have sold, dead, or lost opportunities, as this will affect the total sales reported for the new opportunity owner. (see below for a workaround for this.)
- Next, in the Transfer From dropdown, select the user who you wish to transfer the job away from.
- In the Transfer To dropdown, select the user you wish to transfer the job to.
- Click Transfer to reassign the job from the previous user to the new user.
How to transfer jobs that have sold, dead, or lost opportunities:
- In System Settings, under Opportunities, create a new Opportunity Stage called "Misc."
- On the Maintenance Management page, review jobs in the sold, dead, and lost opportunity stage.
- Move the desired jobs into the newly created "Misc." stage.
- Once in the new Misc. opportunity stage, you can now transfer the jobs to the new user without affecting the total sales reported for the new opportunity owner.